Chex Scotcharoos: Did you get to try our signature snack last month?? If not, it's probably because I ate a hundred of them and we ran out!! We want to share the recipe with you since it received the Eddy Street stamp of approval and is a total crowd pleaser. HINT: You might want to make two batches because these go fast!
- 6 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups peanut butter
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Butter a large bowl, and measure out 6 cups of Chex cereal. Set aside. Butter a 9x13 dish, OR line a baking sheet with wax paper if you would like freeform scotcharoo's like the ones I made that are pictured.
- In a small saucepan, combine the corn syrup and sugar over medium heat. Once boiling, immediately remove from heat and stir in 1½ cups of peanut butter. Pour over cereal and fold together. Pour cereal into the 9x13 dish, or use a large cookie scoop to drop cereal onto wax paper, and use your hands to press together and form them.
- Using a microwave safe dish or a double boiler, melt together chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, ½ cup of peanut butter and vanilla. If microwaving, heat in 10 second intervals, stirring in between to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Once smooth, pour over cereal, or scoop onto the piles you have created.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature.